Hillsborough and County Down
Tour approximately 8 hours
- This is one of our Ireland Tours that begins in Belfast (or wherever you are staying) and travel to the historic village of Hillsborough. We start with a visit to the Courthouse, built in 1760, and now also includes the local Tourist Information Centre.
- We also can see Hillsborough Castle and, if available, may be abe to have a Tour of the gardens.
- Tours of Ireland are never complete without a visit to a fort and Hillsborough Fort was built in 1650 and is set in the beautiflul surroundings of Hiilsborough Forest.
- Tours Ireland always attracts visitors to its many mountain ranges. Close to the Mourne Mountains is Slieve Croobe and we now travel, through beautiful countryside, to experience the breathtaking views from Slieve Croobe after a testing walk up to the summit (approximately 1 mile). Not to be missed.
- Travelling on to Banbridge we pay a visit to the famous FE Williams Gallery and Studio. As with many Tours in Ireland we like to take time to relax in the cafe and visit the outside areas.
- By this stage we are ready for a relaxing drive back to Belfast with wonderful memories of our day, and probably like many Tours to ireland, very tired!